ELD Services For In House Counsel
ELD International has worked with corporate counsel since 1998. The consultancy’s main advisory and project management services for international corporate law departments are:
- working with senior counsel to structure and manage the international law department for higher performance
- implementing approaches to manage, motivate and develop a multi-location, cohesive global legal team — often through law department retreats and special programs
- assisting corporate legal functions to better use external and internal resources to deliver greater value
- best practices in implementing and managing a global compliance program
- benchmarking among international corporate law departments to support key business and legal decisions
With encouragement from a number of senior counsel internationally, in 2011 Leigh Dance developed the Global Counsel Leaders Circle, which ELD organizes and faciltates. It is an exclusive invitation-only membership group (link: … ). In Dance’s banking career with Chase Manhattan, she worked closely with in-house counsel on legal and regulatory approvals for product development and launch. ELD International now has a vast network of relationships with corporate counsel in nearly 50 countries, and draws on its knowledge of their challenges and best practices to assist law departments of prominent international companies in meeting the changing demands of global business and multi-jurisdiction regulation.
ELD International’s recent assignments with corporate law departments internationally have included:
- first 100 days for newly appointed General Counsels
- Productivity and process improvement on the global stage
- Leadership in global law departments
- Avoiding pitfalls in emerging and high-growth markets
- Use of data for reporting, forecasting, budgeting, tracking
- Improving value from outside and in-house lawyers
- Lower costs and greater control of disputes
- Better breadth and depth on compliance
ELD International often organizes and facilitates meetings and retreats for global corporate law departments, and is retained for specific projects to improve performance and productivity of a corporate counsel function.
ELD International has been retained by several of the world’s largest organizations serving in-house counsel to organize conferences and events globally, including the Association of Corporate Counsel. As co-founder of LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell’s Counsel to Counsel Forum, Leigh Dance helped organize and moderated more than 100 roundtables of senior corporate counsel on every continent.